LadakhLife

EC Mohsin Ali flags off 10,000 quintals of vermicompost for public distribution

0

EC Mohsin Ali flags off 10,000 quintals of vermicompost for public distribution

KARGIL, DECEMBER 8, 2021: Executive Councillor for Agriculture, LAHDC, Kargil Mohsin Ali today flagged off trucks carrying 10,000 quintals of vermicompost meant for public distribution in Kargil district.

The mineral is distributed to people under Mission Organic Development Initiative (MODI) under State Development Plan (SDP) to introduce organic farming into the mainstream agricultural production system.

Besides EC Mohsin, Chief Agriculture Officer (CAO) Kargil Muhammad Ali Khan, SMS Razia Banoo, DAO Muhammad Iqbal, DAO inputs Ashiq Hussain ,Mohd hussain SDAO ,Mohd hussain officier incharge/hqr besides other officials of the department were present on the occasion.

On the occasion, the CAO informed that 10 thousand quintals of vermicompost would be distributed in the district adding that 90 quintals would be distributed in each Panchayat halqa and 90 quintals in each municipality ward.

Vermicompost is beneficial in improving soil aeration, enriches soil with micro-organisms, enhances germination, plant growth and crop yield. It also helps in root and plant growth while enriching the soil by adding plant hormones.

Later, EC Mohsin also took stock of other activities and functioning of the department. He also visited various projects including polycarbonate sheets, production of food grain containers and procurements of the department.

The Chief Agriculture Officier informed the EC that 85 percent of the total procurement under the department has been completed while the remaining 15 percent will be completed by the end of December if weather conditions remain favourable .

admin@ladakhtimes
Ladakh Times is a participatory media house based in Ladakh, tells untold stories, playing an active role of collecting news and information.

CEO Hirdesh Kumar oversees field verification of electoral forms in Leh

Previous article

Skarchan Warriors Latoo lifted Kargil War Memorial TB Cricket Trophy 2021

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in Ladakh