LadakhLatest News

Ministry of New and Renewable Energy to provide solar water pumps on 80% subsidy

0

Ministry of New and Renewable Energy to provide solar water pumps on 80% subsidy

LAHDC convenes meeting to discuss convergence of financial resources to support farmers

KARGIL, SEPTEMBER 02, 2022: Executive Councillor for Agriculture and Health, Mohsin Ali today chaired a meeting at Council Secretariat for the identification and convergence of various locally available financial resources to support farmers in availing Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) scheme.

Executive Councillor for Tourism Er Phunsuk Tashi, Executive Councillor for Animal Husbandry Syed Mehdi Fazily, Assistant Commissioner Development, Chief Agriculture Officer, Chief Horticulture Officer, Project Director KREDA, representatives of Krishi Vigyan Kendra Kargil, SKUAST Kargil and officials from PricewaterhouseCoopers Pvt Ltd (PwC) attended the meeting.

The PwC is appointed by the Union Ministry of New & Renewable Energy to assist UT Ladakh in convergence of resources with the PM-KUSUM scheme. On the mandate provided by the Ministry, KREDA will execute the projects in District Kargil.

As per the scheme, solar water pumps will be provided at a subsidized rate of 80 percent while the beneficiary has to bear the rest 20 percent.

The meeting discussed various financial resources and schemes locally available to assist and increase affordability for farmers in availing solar water pumps under the PM-KUSUM.

EC Mohsin instructed the KREDA to develop various models on different price range and share the same to the LAHDC for communication to the councillors.

The LAHDC suggested to generate requisition for solar water pumps under the scheme from public at grassroots level through the councillors.

The LAHDC, other concerned departments assured support and assistance under various schemes for convergence to assist farmers in availing the projects under the PM-KUSUM.

admin@ladakhtimes
Ladakh Times is a participatory media house based in Ladakh, tells untold stories, playing an active role of collecting news and information.

Month-long theatre workshop by LAHDC Leh & NSD begins in Leh

Previous article

NHM, UT Ladakh accords deputation of the CHOs of Leh and Kargil for induction Training at Leh

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in Ladakh